Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I love butterflies. I love the rebirth that they symbolize. Did you know that when a caterpillar goes into its cocoon, it completely dissolves into goo before it turns into a butterfly? Sometimes my clients are goo. They are going through giant transitions and they are just going to be goo for a while. We have all been there. I have been there too. When you are goo, you don't really have much to offer the world. It's okay, you'll have your chance to shine after you come out of your cocoon. Enjoy the chance to be goo. If you hadn't become goo, you wouldn't have the chance to emerge even more amazing.

Several years ago I went on vacation with my family to Sedona, Arizona. We had a beautiful Native American woman named Rema as a tour guide. She took us to the base of one of the vortexes to do ceremony. The energy of the place, the ceremony, and Rema were overwhelming to me. I cried through the entire thing, emotions spilling out of me with force. Rema called me Butterfly Woman. She said that I was transitioning, remaking myself. I was a big pile of goo. I knew it. It seemed like the only way for me to release all of that energy that I was done with was to cry, and I did. A lot. Sedona was a good place for me to be goo. I learned a lot. I started to understand how powerful I truly am. I learned that I am in control of my own growth and learning. A few days after that, I had a giant butterfly tattooed onto my left shoulder. It was a symbol of me, my ever changing spirit and of rebirth.

I have looked at that tattoo a lot over the years as my beliefs about myself, my religion, my spirituality and my life have changed dramatically. I have been goo, then crawled triumphantly out of my cocoon countless times. A few days ago I had a dream that I looked in the mirror and the tattoo was gone. I panicked at first. Where in the world did it go? How could it just disappear like that? Then the realization hit me that I am no longer goo. I am done transitioning for a while. It is time for me to settle into this me, this current version of me is exactly who I am supposed to be right now. I can focus on loving, creating and teaching. I can soar to any heights I desire now that I am the butterfly.

May you all learn when you are goo and soar when you have wings.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you put this. I too feel like I have had many "goo" periods in my life. I thought I had finally become the "last butterfly", but this past month has made me a little gooey again. You wrote this just when I needed it most.

    ReplyDelete